Aluminum foil paper is almost a must-have item for every family, but do you know that besides cooking, does aluminum foil paper have any other functions? Now we have sorted out 9 usages of aluminum foil paper, which can clean, prevent aphids, save electricity, and prevent static electricity. From today, don’t throw away after cooking with aluminum foil paper. Using the characteristics of aluminum foil paper will help you save money, effort and time.
1. Reduce the dirt and mucus in the kitchen sink
Knead the aluminum foil paper into a few balls about the size of a coin and put them in the basket of the kitchen sink drain to reduce the slime and dirt on the basket.
Metal ions such as copper, silver and aluminum have antibacterial and bactericidal effects. Aluminum foil paper can easily dissolve aluminum ions when it touches water, so it can prevent the generation of dirt.
2. Restore the luster of silver products
1) Prepare a metal container, cover it with aluminum foil, put the shiny side on top, put in silver products, and sprinkle with baking soda powder. (For a brooch-sized silver product, add about 1 tablespoon of baking soda.)
2) Pour in boiling hot water, you can see the water bubbling.
3) After waiting for a period of time, pour water to wash, and dry the silver product, you will find that the black part has disappeared.
Silver products turn black because the silver on the surface is oxidized to become silver oxide. Adding baking soda powder can reduce the silver oxide. In addition, the aluminum in the aluminum foil paper is more active than silver, so the luster of the silver products can be restored.
3. Prevent aphids
Aphids have the characteristics of being light-weary. Put the bright side of the aluminum foil paper up to cover the soil. Because the bright side of the aluminum foil paper can reflect light, it can prevent the breeding of aphids.
4. Increase lighting
When you want to remove a bulb to save power, but you are worried that it is not bright enough, you can stick a layer of high temperature resistant aluminum foil to the lampshade (the bright side faces outward) to increase the lighting.
5. Quick frozen food
When you want to freeze food quickly, you can wrap the food in plastic wrap and then wrap it with a layer of aluminum foil, and put it in the freezer, which can not only freeze quickly, but also make the food less easy to dry. When thawing, wrap the aluminum foil paper to speed up the thawing speed. But be careful not to put it in the microwave oven together with the aluminum foil to thaw, it will be dangerous.
6. Remove grease
Knead the aluminum foil paper into a ball with the shiny surface outside. Gently wipe the pan and glassware to remove the grease and burnt parts, but please note that this method cannot be used on Teflon pots or items.
If you want to improve the cleaning power, you can add baking soda powder when cleaning burnt pots; when washing glassware, use dishwashing liquid.
7. Remove the skin of burdock
Knead the aluminum foil into a ball and spread it out. Rub the burdock with a shiny surface to gradually remove the outer skin of the burdock, and finally rinse with water.
8. Prevent static electricity of the dryer
Knead the aluminum foil paper into a baseball-sized ball and put it into the dryer at the same time as the clothes to prevent static electricity.
1) The ball made of aluminum foil paper must be made strong, otherwise the scraps of the aluminum foil paper will get on the clothes.
2) When washing a lot of clothes, put it in 2 to 3 aluminum foil balls.
3) An aluminum foil ball can prevent static electricity for about half a year.
9. Increase the efficiency of ironing
When ironing clothes, spread the aluminum foil paper under the clothes, and take advantage of the fast heat conduction characteristics of aluminum foil paper, which can iron 2 sides at a time, saving labor, time and electricity.
Aluminum foil will become hot after ironing clothes, so be careful not to get burned.